Congratulations and thank you for considering fundraising!
Giving your time and raising money is a great way to generate awareness for the issues facing our community and contribute to a better Tasmania.
As a group fundraising you’re in a great position! Working with friends mean you’ll already have at least two – and likely more – social networks to support your fundraising adventure – what a score!
Together you can raise a huge amount of awareness for your chosen charity or goals. Many hands make light work and when it comes to fundraising – that’s a big advantage!
The possibilities really are endless for fundraising activities, but we’ve prepared a list of three ideas we’ve seen work time and time again. If you’re running short of ideas one of these might just do the trick!
1. Game Night or Casino Royale!
Get the squad together for a big night in! Whether you’re a Scrabble, Poker, Uno or Twister kind of crew – why not turn a fun night into a fundraising opportunity?
Once you’ve chosen your game (or games!), settle on a minimum entry bet and let the games begin! The winner takes it all – and (of course) immediately donates it to your cause of choice!
2. Car Wash!A tried and true classic, the Car Wash is a proven winner in any community. All you need are a few cleaning products, a high traffic location and some attention grabbing signs or costumes to put together a show stopper of an event! Even better, you can put together a car wash on a shoe string budget. A few things to consider:
Getting Ready To Wash Cars
- Line up a location with good main road frontage
- Ensure it has suitable water access
- Assemble supplies list – hoses, buckets, wash towels, dry towels, squeegees
- Assign each volunteer an item from the supplies list
- Make 8-10 poster board signs in high-contrast colors
- Arrange your volunteers in 2-hour shifts
- Get advance publicity, if possible
Car Washing Tips
- Organize your group into teams – Promotion, Sales, Wash, Dry
- Promotion team attracts new customers with signs
- Sales team explains offer (use flyer for quick info) and up-sells customers with extra features or secondary offer
- Wash team soaps, scrubs, and rinses each car
- Dry team gets water residue off, vacuums, does tires, etc.
- Use at least two lines and wash two or more cars at once
- Wash cars for six to eight hours (Saturday 9:00 to 3:00 preferred)
Your fundraiser’s success will depend on the weather. If you can wash 12 cars an hour (one every 10 minutes in each line), you can easily raise $600- $1000 in one day!Please Check with your local council to gain a permit if you’d like to host your car wash in a public space – https://www.hobartcity.com.au/Business/Food-and-beverage-businesses/Permit-to-occupy-a-public-space
3. Sausage Sizzle
The OG fundraising event, Sausage Sizzles are without a doubt Australia’s most iconic and favourite fundraisers. The concept is simple. Find a crowd, whether it be at a local Bunnings, School event or community market and sell sausages in bread with sauce, and maybe some fried onions and a drink.
There is volunteer time required on the day to cook and serve the food and some time required to prepare the food, equipment, licenses and permits required but the fundraising potential is huge!