At Hobart City Mission we pride ourselves on being a welcoming, diverse and encouraging organisation, which is only possible through our great team.
We have paid roles in a range of areas, including administration, community care, program coordination, retail, counselling and disability services.
Vacant Paid Positions:
Disability Support Worker
- Part Time and Casual Positions
- Excellent employee benefits
Hobart City Mission’s vision is to create compassionate, resilient and connected local communities. We bring together people who give and people in need, through the provision of client focused, holistic and innovative services.
Exciting opportunities are available for an enthusiastic and motivated person to join our team as a Disability Support Worker. You will be responsible for the provision of high quality support and care that addresses individual needs and enhances the participant’s independence, ability, community participation and quality of life.
To be successful, you will have:
- Personal resilience
- Effective client outcomes
- Contribute to a culture of professional development coupled with purpose and passion
- Certificate II or III in Disability/Certificate III in Individual Support or other relevant qualification or working towards obtaining qualification within 12 months.
- Current unrestricted Tasmanian Driver’s Licence
- Current Medication Endorsement or ability to attain.
- Current Level 2 Senior First Aid or ability to attain.
Your dedication and hard work will be rewarded with:
- Generous salary packaging benefits.
- A friendly and supportive work environment.
- Knowledge that your work will impact lives for the better.
More information about the position can be found on the Position Description or by contacting Annette on (03) 6215 4200.
To be considered for a position as a Disability Support Worker, all applicants need to submit a current resume and a completed written address to the selection criteria. Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without completed selection criteria will not be considered.
The successful applicant will be required to have a National Police Certificate (no older than 12 months), and a current Working with Vulnerable People Registration (Employment Category).
Only applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted.