At Hobart City Mission we pride ourselves on being a welcoming, diverse and encouraging organisation, which is only possible through our great team.
We have paid roles in a range of areas, including administration, community care, program coordination, retail, counselling and disability services.
Vacant Employee Positions:
Volunteer Engagement Coordinator
- Full Time – CBD Based with Greater Hobart Travel
- Excellent employee benefits – 5 weeks’ annual leave
- Supportive and professional development culture
Hobart City Mission’s vision is to create compassionate, resilient and connected local communities. We bring together people who want to give to and support those most in need in our local community, through the provision of client focused, holistic and innovative programs and services. To enable us to do that well, we engage a large volunteer workforce who provide essential support to the ongoing success of our historical and iconic local charity.
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and professional ‘people person’ to join our HCM team as a Volunteer Engagement Coordinator. You will be responsible for the engagement, wellbeing, support and care of our current volunteer workforce, as well as engaging with the wider business community to increase our corporate volunteer function. You will take on responsibility for the following:
- Implementation of the recently developed a volunteer engagement strategy
- Identify, foster and manage relationships with key stakeholders to influence volunteer engagement, to create a robust and consistent pipeline of volunteers across a range of programs.
- Plan and develop volunteer engagement strategies including, information evenings, volunteer briefings, events, training and volunteer reward and recognition activities.
- Build the corporate volunteering function and participation of local organisations to increase corporate volunteering engagement, to increase funding for programs for those in need in our local community.
- Ensure volunteer management policies and procedures reflect best practice volunteer management.
The successful candidate will work well with a dynamic/caring team and will demonstrate the following:
- A strong passion and caring attitude towards volunteers and clients
- Relevant experience/qualifications
- Excellent listening and written communication skills
- Highly developed networking and relationship building skills
- Experience facilitating community forums or public gatherings
- Excellent administrative, time management and organisational skills
- You will be innovative, proactive and confident in your relationship building skills
- Advanced computer literacy (MS Office)
- Full clean driving licence and own transport (travel costs reimbursed)
Note: Our volunteer workforce is spread across greater Hobart and the successful candidate will be expected to visit volunteers at their workplaces.
Your dedication and hard work will be rewarded with:
- Pride that your work will positively impact the lives of our volunteers and clients
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- A friendly/supportive/professional development work environment
Applications MUST include a cover letter (1 Page), resume and completed selection criteria, (no more than 100 words per criteria), which can be found in the Position Description.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com and clearly marked Volunteer Support Coordinator. DO NOT APPLY VIA SEEK.
The successful applicant must have a National Police Certificate (no older than 12 months) and a current Working with Vulnerable People Registration (employment category).
Applications close 2nd March, 2020 at 10am.