At Hobart City Mission we pride ourselves on being a welcoming, diverse and encouraging organisation, which is only possible through our great team. We have paid roles in a range of areas, including administration, community care, program coordination, retail, counselling and disability services.
Vacant Employee Positions
- Full time: (flexible/part time/Working From Home are also options)
- Hobart various locations: A great opportunity to relocate to beautiful Tasmania
- 5 weeks annual leave per annum
Hobart City Mission’s vision is to create compassionate, resilient and connected local communities. We bring together people who give and people in need, through the provision of client focused, holistic and innovative services, providing support to the homeless community of Southern Tasmania.
If you have ever considered moving to beautiful Tasmania, and/or working with a fantastic NFP organisation with a wonderful reputation for looking after its clients, this might be the opportunity you are looking for. We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and professional ‘people person’ to join the Business Services team as an HR Coordinator. You will be responsible for the delivery of high quality effective and efficient HR/IR/HSE/L&D support to our managers, employees and volunteer workforce, and develop and grow the HR/HSE portfolio, bringing your own ideas and flair to the role. You will have an open approachable style of communication, high levels of confidentiality and a focus on efficiency. You will be supported by a small excellent HR team. We are open to discussing flexible and part time hours, (30 hours per week) including WFH one/two days per week.
You will bring the following to the role:
- Tertiary qualification in Human Resources/Industrial Relations/Business/Psychology with at least 5 years relevant experience
- Proven ability to interpret and apply Industrial Awards, providing sound advice to management and employees
- Proven ability to manage/direct the HSE function
- Proven ability to manage the L&D function
- Proven collaborative approach to work, with demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and co-ordinate information flows within the team and with other business areas;
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact positively with a wide variety of stakeholders with the confidentiality, professionalism and discretion required of a HR professional
- Demonstrated drive and initiative, with a proactive approach to work and willingness to undertake tasks outside of core remit
- Proactive research, analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Advanced computer literacy (MS Office) and HRIS skills
Your dedication and hard work will be rewarded with:
- Pride that your work will positively impact the lives of those in need
- Generous salary packaging benefits – up to $15,990 tax free annually
- 5 weeks annual leave (full time)
- A supportive work environment with excellent professional development opportunities
To apply for the position, go to our website at www.hobartcitymission.org.au under: Who is HCM: Work with Us, where you will find the Position Description. If you have any questions please contact Mary O’ Callaghan on (03) 6215 4200.
Applications must include a cover letter, introducing yourself, a current resume and completed selection criteria, (contained in Position Description) and should be emailed to email@example.com, with the Role Title in Subject Line. Applications without completed selection criteria will not be considered. Please do NOT apply via SEEK.
The successful applicant will be required to have a National Police Certificate (no older than 12 months), and a current Tasmanian Working with Vulnerable People Registration (employment category). Applications close 19th January 2021, at 10am.
Only applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted and interviews will take place on 21st January, 2021.
Activities Officer- DIY Dads Residents
- Full Time (New Town and Moonah based)
- Excellent employee benefits – 5 weeks’ annual leave/Salary Packaging
- Supportive and professional development culture
Hobart City Mission’s vision is to create compassionate, resilient and connected local communities. We bring together people who want to give to and support those most in need in our local community, through the provision of client focused, holistic and innovative programs and services.
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and professional ‘people person’ to join our HCM team as our Activities Officer for our DIY Dads Residents Program. You will be responsible for the development of a range of lifeskills programs for our residents, supporting them to develop basic lifeskills such as healthy living, shopping, cooking, basic budgeting skills, navigating documentation and forms (for medicare/government support sites).
Reporting to a supportive manager and working closely with the program leaders, you will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and facilitate lifeskills programs for the residents ensuring you adapt programs to residents’ needs
- Provide support to the residents to develop essential life/parenting skills, financial planning skills and independence
- Establish positive and proactive professional relationships with the residents to enhance their chances of developing good parenting and independent living skills
- Actively build rapport with residents’ children and engage them in activities
- Manage the governance and documentation of the lifeskills programs to ensure well established policies/procedures
- Establish productive relationships with key support staff and management
- Establish and maintain detailed and informative documentation, file notes and database updates
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Certificate III or higher in community services with 3 years’ relevant experience
- Relevant experience developing and delivering lifeskills programs
- Excellent understanding of key issues affecting the homeless community and an understanding of key legislation (Young Persons and their Families Act 1997, Child Safety requirements, and Family Violence Act 2004)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Excellent written communication/reporting/email skills
- Innovative, proactive and confident in your relationship/interpersonal skills
- Intermediate computer literacy/online technology experience (MS Office)
- Full clean driving licence and own transport
- First Aid Qualification: (or currently enrolled)
Your dedication and hard work will be rewarded with:
- Pride that your work will positively impact the lives of our clients
- Generous salary packaging benefits plus 5 weeks annual leave
- A friendly/supportive/professional development work environment
HCM actively promotes diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTQI.
Applications MUST include a cover letter (1 Page), resume and completed selection criteria, (approx. 100 words per criteria), which can be found in the Position Description available on Hobart City Mission’s website. Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly marked Activities Officer – DIY Dads. DO NOT APPLY VIA SEEK PLEASE. Applications made via Seek will not be considered.
The successful applicant must have a National Police Certificate (no older than 12 months), a current Working with Vulnerable People Registration (employment category) and First Aid qualifications.
Applications close Tuesday 19th January, 2021 at 10am.
Interviews will be held within two weeks.
Volunteer Live-In After-Hours Attendant (Small Steps Program)
Ø Wonderful opportunity for live in volunteer role – working with young mums and bubs
Ø Make a real difference to these young mums’ lives
Ø Supportive and professional management team
Hobart City Mission’s vision is to create compassionate, resilient and connected local communities. We bring together people who want to give to and support those most in need in our local community, through the provision of client focused, holistic and innovative programs and services. To enable us to do that well, we are proud that we attract passionate employees and volunteers who want to be part of our historical and iconic local charity.
We have a wonderful opportunity for a live-in volunteer to join our Small Steps program (based in Hobart). Small Steps is a live-in parenting and life skills program where Mums and their babies grow together and explore being a family, in a safe and nurturing environment. You will have one free weekend per month. We will also be recruiting a second volunteer to cover one weekend per month.
You will be supported by experienced senior staff in a unique residential setting providing support to enable young mums to grow. As an after-hours attendant, will be responsible for responding to issues that may arise after-hours, and assisting mums with emotional support to take care of themselves or their babies/child after hours.
Our successful volunteer will bring the following to our small steps program:
- A passion for caring and supporting others
- Ability to develop and foster trusted relationships to influence the young mums to take responsibility for their own development and life decisions
- Relevant experience in parenting/child care skills/knowledge and/or qualifications
- Excellent active listening and communication skills
Your dedication and passion will be rewarded with:
- Accommodation will be provided (including all utilities)
- One free weekend per month
- A supportive work environment
- A fantastic opportunity to participate and contribute to an innovative program and positively impact the lives our young mums
Applications should include a detailed cover letter to showcase why you would be suitable for this position (1 Page) and your updated resume. The Position Description is available on Hobart City Mission’s website. Applications should be emailed to email@example.com and clearly marked Live-In After-Hours Attendant (Small Steps). Please DO NOT APPLY VIA SEEK.
The successful applicant must have a National Police Certificate (no older than 12 months) and a current Working with Vulnerable People Registration (Volunteer category). You will be required to attend a pre employment medical appointment.