At Hobart City Mission we pride ourselves on being a welcoming, diverse and encouraging organisation, which is only possible through our great team. We have paid roles in a range of areas, including administration, community care, program coordination, retail, counselling and disability services.
Vacant Employee Positions
Tenancy and Property Officer
- Part Time (20 hours per week)
- Excellent employee benefits – 5 weeks’ annual leave/Salary Packaging (pro rata)
- Supportive and professional development culture
Hobart City Mission’s vision is to create compassionate, resilient and connected local communities. We bring together people who want to give to and support those most in need in our local community, through the provision of client focused, holistic and innovative programs and services.
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and professional ‘people person’ to join our HCM team as a Tenancy and Property Officer. You will be responsible for assisting with the coordination of all Hobart City Mission property-related matters and issues. The role will provide support with the coordination of leases, rental agreements/payments, inspections, fit-outs, furniture and fittings for both employees and clients. You will be persistent, resilient, assertive, approachable and act with positive purpose to help achieve good client outcomes.
Reporting to a supportive manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- Assist with regular tenant viewings/inspections
- Assist with ensuring rent is paid by the due dates and help to follow up on late payments
- Build positive and proactive relationships with contractors
- Assist with ensuring that repairs and maintenance are conducted in an efficient and effective manner
- Ensure all leases and service agreements are negotiated, completed, signed and filed
- Draft property-related policies and procedures
- Ensure all database information is entered and maintained on a regular basis
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Relevant property/facilities industry experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the Residential Tenancies Act
- Excellent interpersonal skills, building positive relationships across the organisation, community and contractors
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent administrative and attention to detail skills
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Excellent written communication/reporting/email skills
- Full clean driving licence and own transport
Your dedication and hard work will be rewarded with:
- Pride that your work will positively impact the lives of our clients
- Generous salary packaging benefits plus 5 weeks annual leave (pro rata)
- A friendly/supportive/professional development work environment
HCM actively promotes diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTQI.
Applications MUST include a cover letter (1 Page), resume and completed selection criteria, (no more than 250 words per criteria), which can be found in the Position Description available on Hobart City Mission’s website. Applications should be emailed to email@example.com and clearly marked Tenancy and Property Officer.
The successful applicant must have a National Police Certificate (no older than 6 months) and a current Working with Vulnerable People Registration (employment category).
Applications close Tuesday 6th April, 2021 at 10am. Interviews will be held soon after.