At Hobart City Mission we pride ourselves on being a welcoming, diverse and encouraging organisation, which is only possible through our great team. We have paid roles in a range of areas, including administration, community care, program coordination, retail, counselling and disability services.
Vacant Employee Positions
Supported Living Team Leader – Supported Independent Living (SIL) & Community
- Full Time – based at SIL properties in the Hobart region
- Excellent employee benefits – 5 weeks’ annual leave
- Supportive and professional development culture
Hobart City Mission’s vision is to create compassionate, resilient and connected local communities. We bring together people who want to give to and support those most in need in our local community, through the provision of client focused, holistic and innovative programs and services.
We have a permanent full-time opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated person to provide support to NDIS participants to live as independently as possible. You will support a group of Disability Support Workers by leading and coaching staff, ensuring a focus on positive participant outcomes. This is a hands-on role and you will be responsible for maintaining the day-to-day function of the Supported Independent Living (SIL) environment, providing direct participant care when needed.
To be successful, you will demonstrate the following:
- Certificate III in Disability/Individual Support (Essential) or above
- Experience working with people with a disability.
- Excellent understanding of the NDIS environment
- Current Medication Endorsement (Essential)
- Current Level 2 Senior First Aid (Essential)
- Completed NDIS Worker Orientation Module (or ability to attain)
- Personal resilience along with passion and purpose
- Excellent communication skills to work with our participants to achieve their goals/outcomes
- Current Driver’s Licence and own transport (preferred)
Your dedication and hard work will be rewarded with:
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- A friendly and supportive work environment, focused on your career/personal development
- Knowledge that your work will have a positive impact on the lives of those who need your compassionate support.
HCM actively promotes diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTQI and people with a disability.
Applications MUST include a cover letter (1 Page), resume and completed selection criteria, (no more than 200 words per criteria), which can be found in the Position Description available on Hobart City Mission’s website. Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly marked Supported Living Team Leader.
The successful applicant must have a National Police Certificate (no older than 6 months) and a current Working with Vulnerable People Registration (employment category).
Applications close Friday 22nd October, 2021 at 10am.