The Mountain View program provides supported housing for people who have been experiencing homelessness and hardship.
There are 32 units at the program and four dedicated support staff working 7 days a week to help nurture a strong sense of community, provide support, and assist residents to work on their goals.
- Bedsit unit
- Fully-furnished room
- x3 meals supplied per day
- 24/7 support
How to apply:
Housing workers or other service providers must complete and Expression of Interest form on behalf of a client.
Please note, applicants must be on the Housing Tasmania priority waitlist for the application to be eligible.
Completed forms should be emailed to email@example.com. For further enquiries please contact 6215 4200
What is Mountain View?
As the housing crisis in Southern Tasmania continues, Hobart City Mission identified the need for various levels of supported accommodation. The Safe Space program was one solution to homelessness, providing emergency and immediate shelter and safety.
As a next step in the path to permanent housing, the Mountain View program was launched in October 2020. The program caters to people who are on the Housing Tasmania priority wait list, and offers long-term housing options for people experiencing, or at risk of homelessness.
Many of the residents at Mountain View have been experiencing long-term homelessness and need additional support to feel safe and comfortable in permanent housing.
The benefits to residents, and the community include:
- Providing a way out of long-term homelessness
- A safe and supported environment for people to live and work on their goals.
- A supportive community environment and connection with other residents, support workers and community organisations
- Independence and confidence gained through attaining new skills
You can help…
The Mountain View program was made possible only through very generous donations and bequests from the community. Hobart City Mission is funding the ongoing costs of the Mountain View program, including staffing and important life-skills programs.
There are many ways that you can support Mountain View:
- Financial donations – make a donation online, or call (03) 6215 4200
- In-kind donations are often required for our programs – you can find out what we require by visiting our in-kind donation page
- Consider a bequest in your will;
- Develop a Corporate Partnership with the program;
- Attend our fundraising events
Thank you in advance, for supporting people in your community.