A child is not immune to the emotional fatigue that occurs with the challenging times of life.
These challenging times may include:
- A death in the family;
- Difficulties in social interactions;
- The loss of a pet;
- Peer disagreements and bouts;
- Coping with troublesome behaviour; or
- Falling behind in school work.
Hobart City Mission’s School Chaplaincy Program is there to provide support to help the child’s emotional wellbeing. HCM’s chaplains provide emotional support to students through one-on-one meetings, group sessions or during school trips and excursions.
By being there when the child needs it most, HCM’s chaplains creates a friendly connection with the school community.
Hobart City Mission’s School Chaplaincy Program is funded by State Government.
The program operates in a number of schools in Southern Tasmania. If you are interested in finding out more, or applying to have HCM’s chaplaincy program at your school, please call (03) 6215 4200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
At Hobart City Mission we provide Prison Chaplaincy at the Hobart Reception Prison. This program provides pastoral care and support for inmates.
This support may be in the form of:
- Talking about their worries
- Assistance and information about needed services
- Chatting with a neutral person
- Creating a spiritual connection
- Maintaining their spiritual wellbeing
- Developing life skills and personal insight
All this support works towards creating a connection and providing support that can help the individual transition and participate in the community after their release.
HCM’s Prison Chaplaincy Program is funded through the generosity of the community.